About Me

My photo
I am a mother of three boys and one girl, my youngest son Walker is developmentally delayed with no diagnosis, I am divorced and re-married, living life as I never imagined. I may be cynical, but I try to see the world as it is.... no frills but plenty of laughs.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Day 10: Something you're afraid of

I can't say spiders or snakes or any living creature unless of course I was lost in the woods and being stalked by a 600 pound black bear.  No, unfortunately, the things that I fear most live inside my own head! They are the things that keep me up at night, (besides my children) that make me worry about what kind of mother I am, or what the future holds.  I guess one of the biggest fears is what will come of Walker after I am gone? My fear is that his little sister will feel obligated or tied down taking care of her brother.  I fear that she will grow up second fiddle to a brother who has special needs. I fear that he won't be happy, or that my life will somehow be consumed with either the care of him or the guilt for not.

I guess these are the same fears that all parents have.  The fears of their children's future, what it holds and how happy they will be. 

No comments: