About Me

My photo
I am a mother of three boys and one girl, my youngest son Walker is developmentally delayed with no diagnosis, I am divorced and re-married, living life as I never imagined. I may be cynical, but I try to see the world as it is.... no frills but plenty of laughs.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Warning: Explicit photographs

No, i am not an exhibitionist, no I never was a go go dancer, but there is just something about the image of my child suckling on my breast that is tender to my heart. Heck, there is something about any child nursing that makes me smile and feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I am not a breastfeeding Nazi... I don't preach to new moms about the benefits of breast milk and ad lib IQ level statistics (I really don't believe them anyways) I view breastfeeding as an extremely personal decision that only the mother can truly make. It is not up to a spouse to put pressure on the women to either bottle feed or breast feed, it is not up to the public to dictate it or the physicians. Making the choice to nurse or not is tough enough without all the societal bullshit that goes with it.


For me, after four children, nursing them is all I know how to do. To me, nursing my child is an intimacy that no one else can give me. Its not a sexual intimacy, its just an extension of my pregnancy and giving my child life.


No comments: