About Me

My photo
I am a mother of three boys and one girl, my youngest son Walker is developmentally delayed with no diagnosis, I am divorced and re-married, living life as I never imagined. I may be cynical, but I try to see the world as it is.... no frills but plenty of laughs.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Toot Toot

I must admit that I have become quite a blogger addict!  Especially since I have been inspired by The CrazyHipBloggers !  Today they are posting a giveaway, courtesy of LooseLipsNY for any blogger to write about what they think is their best feature... it can be a physical trait, a character trait or anything else!

Not one to usually toot my own horn, it took me some time to decide what I could actually blog about.  What part of me I like best on multiple levels.  One that I could recognize without seeming especially vain, or especially deep.  (its way too early for that, I'm only on my 2nd cup of coffee!!)

So Toot, toot... my favorite part of me is my smile.  For several reasons, first when I was a kid I had horrible teeth!  No, really ... my teeth were sticking out in the front like two pieces of chicklet gum!  They were too big for my face and had huge spaces between them.  In the fourth grade I got braces and then was tormented by bi-weekly visits to the orthodontist, had to have oral surgery and was subjected to countless wise cracks about train track teeth until I was  junior in high school  Yes, that is right, do the math.... 7 years!! So my smile these days is my badge of courage for enduring those awkward years.

My smile also represents my attitude on a lot of things: smiles are contagious,or you catch more bees with honey etc.  I try to stay positive. You never know whose day or life you could be impacting. Smiling isn't hard. Please don't think that I am some lolli pop mom, all smiles and giggles, truth be known I can smile and hang the bird simultanously.

My husband tells me that it was my smile that first attracted him to me, and my sister in law calls me Sunny. So I must be doing something right!

No comments: