About Me

My photo
I am a mother of three boys and one girl, my youngest son Walker is developmentally delayed with no diagnosis, I am divorced and re-married, living life as I never imagined. I may be cynical, but I try to see the world as it is.... no frills but plenty of laughs.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Our dance

Everyone must have one, that one person that can swoop in and make you question every decision, make tons of emotions from past and present rise up under your skin, make you re-evaluate and replay the entire conversation over and over. Dissecting each statement, searching for hidden meanings both consciously and subconsciously.

After years of therapy, support groups and self help books, I've come to a place that gives me more leeway. This place doesn't prevent me from going through all the motions, but the time spent on it seems to be less and less.

I don't fault this person for invoking these feelings. I know that it is me, who allows him/her power and that they probably have no idea it exists. Hell, my guess is that it is a dance between us and that I as well make him/her side step.

So today, just for this moment, I am embracing this dance, acknowledging it for what it is and knowing that its through love that it has been choreographed.

2 comments:

Duchess said...

Boy does that ever strike a chord. You know who mine has pretty much always been, or at least I think you do? Anyway, just through that you should know that it is possible to reach a place where the music actually stops, and you find yourself standing still, even when you are facing that person. And sometimes, if you are really lucky, you can hear a totally different tune.

Duchess said...

Umm, that was supposed to be just *thought* that...heh