About Me

My photo
I am a mother of three boys and one girl, my youngest son Walker is developmentally delayed with no diagnosis, I am divorced and re-married, living life as I never imagined. I may be cynical, but I try to see the world as it is.... no frills but plenty of laughs.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Back in Black

Every since I can remember I have been clicking away life through the lens of a camera.  My first camera was one of those rectangular 110 with a flash that you had to hold in while taking the picture.  I think I was about 8 and I must have saved up my money to develop the pictures, because I have albums and albums of pictures of various things, oil in the driveway catching light and forming a rainbow (it sounds better than it looked), an empty wine bottle from underneath a glass table, and many, many of my dogs and sisters.

When I got to middle school, i was introduced to black and white photography and I was hooked!! Since then, I have albums and albums of black and white photos of odd things that happen to catch my eye.  After not taking any for several years, I stumbled upon an old manual camera with a telescopic lens at a yard sale for $20!  It was quite a gamble but ended up taking great pictures.

Soon, however it became harder and harder to get my pictures developed, so i had to switch to the digital world and opt for the color options of black and white.


So here is a series that I am going to share, of my black and white photos.  Some old, some new.  I hope you enjoy.

No comments: