About Me

My photo
I am a mother of three boys and one girl, my youngest son Walker is developmentally delayed with no diagnosis, I am divorced and re-married, living life as I never imagined. I may be cynical, but I try to see the world as it is.... no frills but plenty of laughs.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Mommy guilt

Mommy guilt? I have a ton! I am sure not more than the next woman but when I am in my throws of self doubt and kicking myself when I am down, it seems that there isn't one thing that I haven't done wrong.

In the mommy guilt department my number one has to be divorcing my two older children's dad! There are so many components to divorce and mommy guilt has to be one of the biggest! I feel guilty about making them split their time between us two, i feel guilty for staying in the marriage too long that it exposed my older son to a lot of aggression, I feel guilt every time one comes home from school with a project and they have to decide who to give it to.

Then there is the guilt for being a stay at home mom. Yes, you heard me correctly. One would think that working moms have all the guilt but I am here to tell you that is not the case! Being a stay at home mom gives me guilt when dinner isn't homemade, when the house isn't clean, when my son Walker has therapy and I feel that I don't spend enough time with him.

Then there is the global mommy guilt! Disposable diapers, pollution and political decisions that will affect my children's future long after I am no longer on this earth!

I think guilt just comes with the territory any time you care about another being!

No comments: