About Me

My photo
I am a mother of three boys and one girl, my youngest son Walker is developmentally delayed with no diagnosis, I am divorced and re-married, living life as I never imagined. I may be cynical, but I try to see the world as it is.... no frills but plenty of laughs.

Saturday, November 14, 2009

goop and go

Since I was old enough to decide how I wanted to wear my hair, it has always been a personal statement of my state of mind.
In my high school years, my hair was always about hairspray and curls. Then when I would break up with a boy, I would cut it short. Sort of a testimony to my independence since most men I know always want women to have long hair. The problem is that my hair takes FOREVER to grow!! My mother will tell you! I have had some really crappy hair cuts and they take so long to grow out. I can't count the number of tears I have shed over the years from crappy hair cuts or bad perms!! I've had the bob, off and on in some way or shape for most of my "grown up' life. Well, since my divorce anyways. As I got thinner, I cut my hair. As I became more confident, I cut my hair. I am not one to fuss with it for long, I hate anything that is high maintence. I want to blow dry it, slop some goop in it and go! My hair is also oily so I do have to wash it everyday, otherwise I look like greeser. I have also been know to randomly pick out a box of color dye and just go for it! There was a brief period a short time ago that I was on the quest for the perfect purple highlights, but that failed.

The point is, I am getting itchy for a new do. Luckly, my husband just smiles and tells me "whatever you want dear" knowing that if he bucks me just a little, I will chop all of it off! But, I don't know exactly what i want. I have been trying not to color it, and take the more mature look. (I stopped counting my greys) I even signed up for one of those web sites that you upload your picture in to see what hair style looks good for you, but I wasn't happy with any of them. So as much as I like to state "its just hair" I do obsess over it. Not in the bathroom to make it looks pefect, but in the pre-cut period of deciding what to get. I just want to goop and go.

No comments: