About Me

My photo
I am a mother of three boys and one girl, my youngest son Walker is developmentally delayed with no diagnosis, I am divorced and re-married, living life as I never imagined. I may be cynical, but I try to see the world as it is.... no frills but plenty of laughs.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Unpaid overtime

I love my job, I enjoy getting out of the house, being social and working in a great store that sells amazing things.  Its no secret that its also my haven to get away from life at home for 15 hours a week!  Some days, though I have to wonder if its worth it!

I've also confessed that I am not a good housekeeper either, but after being away from the house all day, the last thing I want to do when I get home is clean up after everyone that has been home!

Sure, no one can attend to my children's needs like me, or anticipate the messes that may come, but there are a few people ( specifically the one wearing a matching ring on his left hand) that should be aware that if you can't walk through our living room/ bedroom, maybe someone should pick it up.  I just forget that that someone is ....me.

If I worked full time, my children would most likely be at a child care facility and no one would be home all day to make messes, or if I had someone here at my house I would expect them to do some minimal cleaning up after one Poonado. Instead, I am on double time.  Taking care of all the things I do in a full day at home, in just a few short hours before bed.  Yup, I am pooped! 

No comments: