About Me

My photo
I am a mother of three boys and one girl, my youngest son Walker is developmentally delayed with no diagnosis, I am divorced and re-married, living life as I never imagined. I may be cynical, but I try to see the world as it is.... no frills but plenty of laughs.

Monday, March 14, 2011

The mean mommy game

This is what I call all the "un fun" things parents have to do for the greater good of the child.  Like, no cookies before breakfast, making them clean up after themselves, chore nazi, etc.  So when the pint size queen in our house is unhappy, everyone is unhappy.  She is now 19 months old and I have been slowly trying to ween her off of breast feeding.  We have gotten it down to twice a day, first thing in the morning, and then at night, but she is just to darn stubborn!  She has no idea how to fall back asleep on her own and this has been a battle we have had in my house for months now.  I feel that it is just getting worse the older she gets.  I have visions of a five year old still getting up in the middle of the night and wanting to crawl into bed with us. 

I like my bed...I hate to share, I only share with the hubby because i think it was somewhere in our marriage vows! 

I like my sleep even more.  Its been four years or so since I've had consecutive nights sleep.  and people wonder why I am delusional and moody!

There are so many theories out there on how to sleep train your child.  I've read the books, I can give advice to other parents, but somehow this one is giving me a run for my money.  We get it good for a few nights then something inevitably screws it up and we have to start back at square one!

So, I'm looking for invites for the week to run and hide at.... any takers?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can always come and hide here!!

Duchess said...

You, here, now!! Make it so!