About Me

My photo
I am a mother of three boys and one girl, my youngest son Walker is developmentally delayed with no diagnosis, I am divorced and re-married, living life as I never imagined. I may be cynical, but I try to see the world as it is.... no frills but plenty of laughs.

Friday, October 30, 2009

My virtual solace

Since becoming a SAHM, my world has grown significantly smaller. I am, by nature, a social person. Each job I have had before involved people and communication. I am not someone who can sit in a cubicle and produce and be happy. My choice to stay home has evolved, and even though I have had many side endevours, being a mom is now my full time job.

I love my job, don't get me wrong. I couldn't imagine going back to work full time, getting up by 6 am to pack up two kids and get to some place on time. I did it once upon another life, but now, I couldn't imagine. Getting out of the house takes me 45 minutes, and forget being anywhere on time! I could also not imagine handing my children over to someone else. I believe I am very spoiled in many ways.

The hardest part of my job, though is the isolation that I often feel. Today, as very personal circumstances were unfolding I felt the urge to share with my online world. Some people may scoff at broadcasting such private and personal issues, but my online world has become my social network. Posting my "status" and reading others is my water cooler. Looking through on line albums, and playing scramble, is my break room.

Although, I am fully aware of the virtual world that i socialize in these days, it is a great escape from my reality, in small clips of time; in between feedings, diaper changes, homework and dinner.

I am greatful for this world.
I am greatful to share my world virtually.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I would have lost my mind after Brodie was born if not for my little online world! Cooped up all winter long with a newborn was not my idea of fun!

I'm glad that you've found this outlet, and I hope you continue to draw some comfort from it. ~Courtney