About Me

My photo
I am a mother of three boys and one girl, my youngest son Walker is developmentally delayed with no diagnosis, I am divorced and re-married, living life as I never imagined. I may be cynical, but I try to see the world as it is.... no frills but plenty of laughs.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Ghost of the past

A fellow blogger posted a blog concerning her friend who commited suicide. This stirred up some emotions that I thought had long since past. four years ago, my brother in law committed suicide. Our society makes it taboo to talk about, because it is seen as weak, or selfish. Maybe in some ways it is, since he left three beautiful children behind, never getting to see them grow, never giving them answers. I talk about their dad a lot. I miss him terribly! Never having a brother he was my savior. He came to my rescue many times: fixed a flat, helped me buy a car and acted as my muscle man while moving my stuff out of ex-boyfriends apartments. He was goofy and fun. Everytime I see a Wil Smith movie I think of him! My children will never get to meet him, they will only know of him as something not to bring up. A ghost in the past. Suicide is not fair! Not fair to the living. I can only hope that he found what he was looking for!

No comments: