About Me

My photo
I am a mother of three boys and one girl, my youngest son Walker is developmentally delayed with no diagnosis, I am divorced and re-married, living life as I never imagined. I may be cynical, but I try to see the world as it is.... no frills but plenty of laughs.

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Decisions, decisions....

This week Ramiah and I took Walker and Sawyer down to Helen Hayes to have Mr. Mr. measured for some type of stroller, chair system. What a huge web it is to untangle through this system of Medicaid and what we need or may need for him in the future! I am looking for some sort of stroller that will support him, allow him to recline, something we can take into a resturant or to my mother's house so that Walker can be part of the dinner table. Many of the strollers out on the market for "special need" kids, are ridiculously expensive!! The gentleman that met with us there was a very odd duck. Ramiah and I couldn't figure out if he hates his job or if many people come down there then don't pick up the equipment??? Not really sure what his deal was, but he did show us several options and will try and get some samples. The major problem I am having is that i need a double system so that I don't have Sawyer and him in two seperate strollers, but I also need something to use for just him when she is not in a stroller. It is such a huge decision and I want to make the right one!! I also want to be sure to use our resources correctly and efficiently. So I have been searching the internet and printing out all types of things. The bottom line though is, that Medicaid may not cover it anyways... urghh!

No comments: