About Me

My photo
I am a mother of three boys and one girl, my youngest son Walker is developmentally delayed with no diagnosis, I am divorced and re-married, living life as I never imagined. I may be cynical, but I try to see the world as it is.... no frills but plenty of laughs.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Forward... reverse... forward..reverse

2010 has been a year of lots of steps forward, and a few steps back.  I figure that at least I keep moving! Life is about changing and evolving and sometimes we have to revisit things and take another stab at them to get them right.

This past year, we moved out of our small home and into a larger one, only to turn around in ten months time to come back. I'm not sure what the future holds for us here, but for now I am at peace with the decision. 

This year, I returned to the work force. This was a little scary but the timing couldn't have been more perfect.  I haven't worked in retail since my high school days but even though I am not doing the type of job I had envisioned for myself, I am finding that there are many other perks besides the store discount!  Working for an independent, hard working single mom, gives me self confidence and a real sense of purpose. There is an aura of " girl power" that I truly enjoy"!

2010 has been a lot of forward and reverse, emotionally. I have learned to have more acceptance with all of the relationships in my life, allowing them to be who they are, and allowing myself to be who i am.  Whether we meet in the middle isn't always important, as long as we continue the journey together. I find myself coming back to a place where i was a few years ago, when I took inventory of myself and my spiritual path.  I plan to continue focusing on myself and how to be a better person in this world.  I am getting back into my holistic practices and taking time for myself.  This only makes me a better wife, mother and friend.

So, onto 2011! 

No comments: