About Me

My photo
I am a mother of three boys and one girl, my youngest son Walker is developmentally delayed with no diagnosis, I am divorced and re-married, living life as I never imagined. I may be cynical, but I try to see the world as it is.... no frills but plenty of laughs.

Friday, January 21, 2011

2011 Random Acts continued...

With the snow and sick babies, its been hard to get out and preform more random acts, but once I got to thinking about it, I do make up for it each day I have the opportunity to do so. Here's the latest list:
  • allowed a man behind me in line at Price Chopper who was obviously in a hurry, go ahead of me. His whole demeanor changed once I told him to go ahead... he went from a scowl to a smile!
  • at Quick Check during a busy lunch rush, the printer for the sandwiches was out of paper, so i told several customers before they placed their order to use another machine... then while standing there I replaced the paper so that the staff didn't have to.  It made them smile!
  • while returning a Christmas present at Toys R Us, there were several shopping carts being blown around in the parking lot, so i gathered them up and returned them to the store. 
  • on my lunch break, when finished eating, i threw out my garbage and that of someone else's who left it on the counter.
These really aren't anything spectacular, but they make me think each and every day, how can I make the world a better place?  I blog about it, to give you and others some simple ideas and to share the love... 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

**Love** My church is doing "Pay It Forward" for the next six weeks. Between that, and your random acts of kindness, I am starting to feel a renewed faith in humanity. Which is good, because I was heading in to a dark place.

Laura Everyday Edits said...

Way to go sunshine! I got sidelined with colds at our house, but I made sure is to send a quick email thank you. Did you see my post the other day. 50 Cents for 50 puppies.. 50 random acts of kindness... so cool
laura