About Me

My photo
I am a mother of three boys and one girl, my youngest son Walker is developmentally delayed with no diagnosis, I am divorced and re-married, living life as I never imagined. I may be cynical, but I try to see the world as it is.... no frills but plenty of laughs.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Thanks Jack!

With four children television has been a battle since the first one came along. I am not a mother who hates tv, I just try and limit my children s exposure. We have only one tv in the house, (an oddity I am learning!) we have no gaming system and all homework and chores must be completed before it is turned on. My other rules are 1) no tv before school, 2) no tv during dinner and 3) when mama says turn it off, it gets turned off!

So why am I placing my two year old in front of the boob tube each morning? And why am I thanking Jack? That is Jack's Big Music show!

With a toddler who has disabilities there isn't much that he does "normal" So after hearing about this show from a good friend of mine, I tivo'd it. Much to my amazement Walker Loves it!! He has been watching it and laughing and squealing! So just for a short half hour increment, I am able to see him enjoy television....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray!!!!! I am so glad that Walker enjoyed it!!! You can get the first season on DVD at several place, like amazon.com; but I just keep them saved to the DVR. I am such an enabler to my kids' Jack addiction!