About Me

My photo
I am a mother of three boys and one girl, my youngest son Walker is developmentally delayed with no diagnosis, I am divorced and re-married, living life as I never imagined. I may be cynical, but I try to see the world as it is.... no frills but plenty of laughs.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snow day!

Snow days as children are the best gifts! You wake up, turn the radio on and hide under the covers listening for the announcer to list your school as closed. Once you hear it, you are so excited you can't go back to sleep. Instead you lay in bed planning on the snow ball fights or sled rides that you plan on taking that day!

As an adult working in corporate America, I hated snow days. There was no such thing as work being canceled, and in order to stay home you would have to use your sick days. The worst was the judgment passed on you for not coming in, and knowing that all that work would just pile up and be sitting and waiting for you the next day.

Today I get to be a kid again! Being a stay at home mom allows me the freedom of knowing that I don't have to go anywhere or do anything! Instead of dreaming about snowmen and sleigh rides, I was laying in bed thinking about the closets I could organize and the cookies I could bake!

No comments: