About Me

My photo
I am a mother of three boys and one girl, my youngest son Walker is developmentally delayed with no diagnosis, I am divorced and re-married, living life as I never imagined. I may be cynical, but I try to see the world as it is.... no frills but plenty of laughs.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Underwater

One of the many hats that I wear around here is accountant for my husbands tree business.  (Yes, I do do more than work on my tan!) The problem is, I hate accounting!  For 8 years I worked in cooperate America, managing a treasury department with a large staff.  cash management department.  I worked my way up from reception and was very good at what I did, I just grew tired of the hamster wheel, I was perpetually on.  The work was never caught up, the staff and I were underpaid and to top it off the company hired a really masochistic CEO. (I don't use that term lightly, shortly after I left the company he moved on to another job where he was fired for anger management issues)

Needless to say it left a sour taste in my mouth so when  it comes to doing the "books" for our company, I  post pone it as long as possible.  Now, add all the rest that's on my plate and guess what? I haven't posted a journal entry since the end of the year, and actually I still haven't finished last years p & l.  With the summer coming, and all the children home, I feel that it is hopeless.

When I feel that something is hopeless, then I will procrastinate even more!

Exactly how much jail time is extortion to the IRS?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uuuhh, I don't think so. Mediacom's Accounting Department with six or so employees is hardly a treasury department with a large staff. way to beef it up.

Noah's Miracle said...

I was unable to reply to your post/inquiry about the baby chair on Noah's site. It can be found at http://www.grandmasbabies.com for purchase. Thank you for reading about our little Noah, if I can help with anything else just let me know.
email: goforette@msn.com

Many blessings,
Stacy

Ambitions of a Trophy Wife said...

I was going to delete the "anonymous" comment, but I think it makes my case. xoxo