About Me

My photo
I am a mother of three boys and one girl, my youngest son Walker is developmentally delayed with no diagnosis, I am divorced and re-married, living life as I never imagined. I may be cynical, but I try to see the world as it is.... no frills but plenty of laughs.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Rip off

This is a complete rip off from my good friend Mutterings & Musings

Pepsi is running a contest call Refresh Everything.  The site is www.refresheverything.com.  People were able to submit ideas for a project that will benefit the planet, people, etc.  and then others vote.  The ideas with the most votes receive the money for their project.


Best Buddies International is one of the programs being voted on. This program focuses on educating people about people with disabilities, and trying to help bring more people with disabilities into the workplace.  This is a program where able bodies high school students become a buddy to students with  a disability.  Basically they become their friend for the time in the program.


Best Buddies has submitted the idea to educate/train more students to be part of this program, but currently this idea is only on 5th, and needs to get to at least 2nd.  THEY NEED VOTES.


Here is what you need to do:
*  Click on the $250,000 button
*  Look for the idea that says "Best Buddies International".  Currently ranked 5th, but will hopefully move up.
*  Click "Vote for this Idea"
*  You will need to sign in with your Facebook account or create a log on
*  Once that is complete, you will need to click the Vote button again


If you click on the link, you will be brought to the page that provides more information.  I encourage you to watch the short video.  It is inspiring.


VOTE EVERYDAY UNTIL THE END OF THE MONTH!

No comments: