About Me

My photo
I am a mother of three boys and one girl, my youngest son Walker is developmentally delayed with no diagnosis, I am divorced and re-married, living life as I never imagined. I may be cynical, but I try to see the world as it is.... no frills but plenty of laughs.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

The rabbit

CrazyHipbloggers write out loud topic is time, 

I'm late, I'm late for a very important date.... that seems to be my mantra these days. No matter how much time I give myself to get to places and appointments I always wind up late.  I used to blame it on my husband, and I wish I could say that my children slow me down, they need to eat, or poop or just are too damm cute to not take a few extra play time minutes. .The truth is that I really don't know why I am always late.  It used to bug me to be late, my whole day would be screwed up if I was even ten minutes off my schedule.  I was very punctual,I had to be!

5 :15 get up and work out for 1/2 an hour, shower, dress, make lunches, wake up the boys get them dressed and packed into the car by 7am, drop off at at the babysitters at 7:30 and be to work by 8am.  The reverse schedule happened on my way home.

Now, even though I am a stay at home mom, we have more appointments and more places to be each and every day, yet I'm late.

Time seems to move to fast, yet stand still all in the same moments.  My days are long and scheduled, yet I feel like I wake up and another week has gone by.

How do I capture this time and make it slow down, and enjoy it?

1 comment:

Jennifer Thayer said...

Amen, Sister! We too are always on the run and late for everything. And the day goes by and Bryan and I discuss.... "did we do this or that or get this done?"
Life is about living in the moment, but you gotta catch the moment and hold on with both hands first!!