About Me

My photo
I am a mother of three boys and one girl, my youngest son Walker is developmentally delayed with no diagnosis, I am divorced and re-married, living life as I never imagined. I may be cynical, but I try to see the world as it is.... no frills but plenty of laughs.

Friday, September 10, 2010

You are my sunshine!

For the past 15 years there has been one staple to my ever changing wardrobe.  My sizes may change but I have always had my own unique style. The one place that I have always been able to find something that suits my taste is Sunshine Studios.  I was always a frequent customer, not escaping without a good purchase and my free incense!  Shortly after we had gotten intervention help with Walker, I was shopping in the store one day and was talking with the owner Claudine. As a natural people person, she has always made the store feel warm and inviting.  Through our conversation I divulged that my son had special needs and we were in the beginning of dealing with it.  This was my first "public" confession and I was in a place of feeling alone and overwhelmed. To my surprise she told me that she was also dealing with early intervention with her son.  It amazed me that in the middle of shopping I could find someone who knew what I was going through!  It was huge relief to not feel so alone! From that point on a friendship grew.

Its been three years since I have had any real type of employment.   After Walker's birth it just was to hard to figure out how to make money and give him the attention that he needed.  Shortly after along came Sawyer and although I have struggled personally with being a stay at home mom, there has become a certain level of comfort here.  The mere thought of getting back out into the work place makes me nervous, it invokes feelings of uncertainty and low self esteem.

But as karma would have it, last week happened!  After I invited Claudine and her two boys to the park, she had to decline because she was having staffing issues at the store.  I offered up my assistance because I know what its like being a stay at home mom and juggling two very active boys! She offered me a job working in her store and I JUMPED at the chance!  I am in heaven!  My favorite place to shop, and I get out of the house and feel productive! I am so excited!!

No comments: